The Man Utd News Forum Join here!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Smith richardson and Beckham.. what's going on?

I couldn’t start today’s post without a mention of Beckham. He has been a firm favourite of mine throughout his United career and I still have a huge admiration for him today. It seems he is struggling to find friends and form at the moment and I can understand why he won’t sign a new contract. Real only want him for the shirts he sells and would be quite content in having him sit on the bench for another 2 years to do so. He is still a great footballer with bags of talent, a team like Tottenham would be great for him. Of course I would love him back at United, but I know many disagree, someone has said this on the blog before… “the heart says yes, but the head says no.”

An anonymous poster left a great synopsis on Larsson yesterday, if you haven’t read it yet, I recommend you do so. It has made me realise even more so how lucky we are to have such a player even at 35. I say it again, if only we had him 10 years ago!

In other news it seems that Richardson is determined to make his mark at Man Utd. Many people on the forum have taken a real dislike to him. They believe he is a little to big for his boots, which I can see, the thing is he doesn’t get games and games are what will turn him into the player I truly believe he could be. Perhaps a loan spell would help him out!

Smith is another player I haven’t heard much of in recent weeks. He was supposedly on an extreme fitness regime to bring him up to speed. That should surely be coming to fruition now, yet we don’t even see him on the bench! How so? Smudger is a great player and I think he would suit our forward line perfectly in certain situations. When we are playing the physical teams with hard back lines.. eg Chelsea he has this great ability to get stuck in and ruffle big players feathers, pulling them out of position for others to exploit. The last thing we want to be is like Arsenal, a team that can only play one way.

Right enough from me for today, please let me know your thoughts with some excellent comments!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would luv to see Becks back at MUFC.But sir Alex wont bring him back.

Richardson is not moving up that extra level to make him real class. he is stuck in that Jermain Pennant kind of league, a decemt winger but a guy who wont give fullbacks a torrid time.

Regarding Hargreaves, i think at 25 million you can bid for Juninho from Lyon who will be a better purchase. He is different player but he will add more to then side.

Azee
RSA

Anonymous said...

Becks is going to LA GALAXY AT END OF SEASON!

Azee

RSA

Unknown said...

I agree with Azee's comments about Richardson being stuck on the same rung of the ladder as Pennant.

Finally as for 'anon's' post yesterday regarding Larsson - a top comment and well worth a read.

Anyone at OT tomorrow?

marlowe diego said...

becks to return on loan for man u?

Anonymous said...

why dont we purchase a very good stricker like kanu and also i believe the only problem we have now is geting a beter defensive micfielder who can hamdle the team well and believe hargraeves would be beter.