The Man Utd News Forum Join here!

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Agent's Score predictions for the run-in!

Chelsea thumped West Ham last night 4-1 to reduce our lead to 3 points again. To be honest I always said they would win that one with few problems, just as I expected us to beat Sheffield United. The key to the premiership are the remaining fixtures as I’m sure you can imagine.

Let’s look at the remaining games. Next we are home to Middlesbrough. I think this should be a victory for us, especially as we are playing them at home. Expect lots more moaning from Southgate about Ronaldo. 3-1 to us. Chelsea travel to Newcastle this weekend and I can’t see them dropping points there, 2-0 to Chelsea.

The following week (forget about the champions league for a second, yes I know that’s very difficult!) we face Everton away. I would say this is our second most difficult fixture. I see it being quite a high scorer and we will probably concede first. I say 2-1 to us., but it could be a draw. Chelsea will face Bolton that weekend, they will be at home and it has 1-0 Chelsea written all over it!

We then travel to Man City. We will win this one 3-0 no problems! Here is the killer, Chelsea must travel to the Emirates to face and Arsenal side who have rediscovered their scoring form in the past couple of games. I honestly think that this one is Arsenals. If not it will be a draw.

The penultimate game comes next with us facing Chelsea. This is a crucial game for both sides, but I can see a draw for this one. We might get lucky and nick one, but it will be a cagey one with both teams conscious not to concede. Of course a lot depends on the points difference by this point. If Chelsea are 6 behind by then, they will have already lost the title and so it may be a non starter. I’ll go 1-1 again

Then we face West Ham. I think that this one is ours, 3-0. Chelsea will face Everton at home and I’ll go for a 2-0 Chelsea. There is a lot still to play for, but I honestly think that we have the easier run-in. If we keep focussed then we can do this. Let’s bring home some silverware.

Do you agree with my predictions? Please feel free to let me know if you don’t (or if you do) and leave a comment.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

In my opinion,we must forget our predictions,because they will not win the title,but our performance.Let's concentrate on one question:what shall we do if Ronaldo will face an injury and will not be able to play till the end of the season?Who will replace him?

Unknown said...

Intresting predictions Agent.

Just thaught I'd add a couple of factors which may affect some of the results:

Chelsea usually drop points at St. James' Park.

Everton stand to make alot of money from the Rooney deal if we win the treble!

Pinto

roro said...

It seems very pessimistic to think of other injuries. United has enough injured players, no need to even think about more!

Your predictions seem right, Agent, the fixtures for both united and chelsea are pretty straight-forward. Focus should see United through all of these matches, including the one at Stamford Bridge. Hopefully, Arsenal, Bolton, and even Newcastle can pull off an upset. Very unlikeley though.

As long as United keeps winning, all we need is one Chelsea loss to receive our premiership trophy at Stamford Bridge. Thank the football Gods for our superior goal difference.

Boro's next. It;s a high profile fixture. What is it, the 19th time we've faced them this season? These teams know each other, and I believe it will be a tough battle. The squad is ready, fired up, and determined to win. I'm sure the Old Trafford crowd will play a big part.

Have a good weekend friends, let's hope for smiles on saturday.

Anonymous said...

I think the Chelsea-Arsenal game will be a close one but Chelsea will some how leave with 3 points. So the ManU-Chelsea game I believe will be the decider for the title. I predict a 3-1 win for Man U. Rather optimistic but I just have a feeling there's gonna be many goals.

marlowe diego said...

pretty good predictions. i think our possible slip up will be at everton, who are playing well and fighting for that uefa spot. chelsea's is clearly arsenal. but i see us going into the league match with chelsea still 3 points clear. however, if that's the case, we can't afford to lose that match. we have to at least draw. we all know the way fate plays its hand if you let it....if we lose and it all goes down to the final day of the season, i can just see everyone being too nervous to finish it.

if we had to pick one of three pieces of silverware, i think we'd all go for the league, no question. we would have outplayed chelsea the whole season, even these last few weeks with half the main squad sidelined.

i hear that rio is back for sat, and gary might be back for milan. that is great news. have we heard about evra? is he out too?!?

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling we will win all our remaining league games - except for Chelsea where we'll draw and effectively win the title.

However I fear the City game the most. Don't know why.

Anonymous said...

Funny story. Desperate to go to CL semi V milan, I applied on the united website but was rejected. Then a guy at work rings me up and offers me tickets to the boro game this week, I politely say no but ask if he has any for the milan game. The next day he calls me back to tell me the ticket is mine, hurray!

However, I've checked my email account and man untied have mailed me telling me I was successful in 2nd ballot and are sending me my ticket. Hence, I have two tickets.

I'm going to take the first as I'm going to watch with this guy in north stand, not sure where the new ticket is but will try and sell it at the stadium. How much do you think I can get?

Gentleman said...

Seriously, I don't expect such a smooth course for the remaining fixtures.

Expect us to slip any moments again as we are still fighting a battle on 3 different front-lines. We might get complacent and distracted due to human nature. Same goes for Chelsea, but their players are no doubt with higher individual quality.

What we need I guess is teamwork, concentration and humbleness.

Cheers, Jiahao
Glory glory Man United!