The Man Utd News Forum Join here!

Monday, December 11, 2006

Man Utd V Man City Highlights and transfer poll

Another great weekend for the Reds, we beat one of our biggest rivals in a thrilling game and Chelsea slip up against Arsenal. We are now 8 points clear and Jose must be scratching his head wondering what he’s doing wrong. I mean you spend £300 million on players and you aren’t even league leaders, you’re not the “special one” now are you?

Saturday brought about the typically contentious Manchester derby and right from the off it seemed as both teams really wanted this one. Merely 5 seconds in Joey Barton charged across the field taking Ronaldo out in the process. The result? Ronaldo decided to get his own back and thread a perfectly weighted ball into Rooney, who politely obliged by sticking it in the back of the net. 1-0 and barely 5 minutes played.

City for all their determination simply could not break us down and when Saha converted a chance to make it 2-0 just before the break, it was seeming as though the 3 points were going to the red side of Manchester.

After the break City fought back, managing to grab a goal 19 minutes from time, making it a little uncomfortable for United, but our lads fought back seeking that third goal to kill the game off. It came 6 minutes form time when Ronaldo finished superbly from point blank range.

Here are the highlights from the game.


It seems that there area few people talking about transfers at the moment. I suppose it is that time of year when things start to get a little interesting. I would like to gage everyone’s opinion on who you think our best midfield, attacking and winger options are. I will do this as a poll in the forum. All you need to do is login or register then cast your vote! If you would like to add any players to the vote, please write your suggestions in the comments.

So for strikers I have the following: Huntelaar, Defoe, Torres, Aguero, Klose and Bent. Cast your vote here.

For midfield the options are: Hargreaves, Reo-Coker, Senna and Beckham. Cast your vote here.

For wingers we have: Nani, Adu, Van Der Vaart and Quaresma. Cast your vote here.

The closing date for the poll will be 31st December, so we have a bit of time yet!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey.....anyone plays FM2007? What is the "potential ability" for N. Vidic in the game?

Thanks

Agent said...

vey high! he is 27 on my game and the best centre back in the game. Also get Micah Richards if you can afford him. I got him for £35 million and has become the best right back in the prem. In midfield get Montiel and on the wing get Marcello. Up front Aguero is quality! Hope these help!

Anonymous said...

hey dude, what did you mean by '27'? It doesn't make sense! I am talking about his 'potential ability' for FM2007. I am still playing FM2006 and I remember his PA is 157 if I am not wrong. I just wonder if his PA improves in FM2007

Hope to hear from you.

Agent said...

Hi sorry, I mean that at the age of 27! sorry if that didn't make sense. I take it your using fmscout?

Anonymous said...

hey, but what about the PA for Vidic? You still haven't told me??

Agent said...

yeah it goes up to 184

Anonymous said...

hey dude, what did you mean by "goes up to"??

I think the PA should be fixed and not in random, unless FM2007 is different from the previous FM2006 edition?

Please clarify. Thanks

Agent said...

its gone up to 184 from 157.

Anonymous said...

I think I got it. Thanks

Anonymous said...

hey dude, it's me again!

I just wonder you are happy to help me again since you play FM2007.

I would like to ask you to lookup to the FM2007 Editor for the following information:

1) 'Potential Ability' for Fernando Higuain of River Plate + Screenshots of all his mental, physical and technical attributes through the Editor

2) 'Potential Ability' for French hot prospect Younn Gourcuff of Milan

3) 'Potential Ability' for Jan-Klaas Huntelaar of Ajax Amsterdam

4) Any new addition of backroom staff to Manchester United from the previous FM2006? ------I think they have staff like chief scout Jim Lawlor, physio Steve McNally who cannot be found in FM2006 and just wonder if these people appears in FM2007? If so, can you also publish their screenshots for my updating??

Hope to hear from you.

Anonymous said...

Hey dude, let me know if you would be able to help me regarding my previous post.

I know you are busy. Your help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Agent said...

Hi there,
I won't be able to do this for you for a while. I'm pretty busy this week, if i get a chance next week i will do it for you although i probs wont be able to do screenshots!
Thanks
Agent

Anonymous said...

Thanks Agent

Plus, I also want PA for Carrick and Hargreaves in FM 2007.

Both are 165 in FM 2006 and it is way too low.

Anonymous said...

By the way, I use Man United in my FM 2006 game and there is a problem.

The Man United team I manage STRUGGLE to score goals in every new game I start. The scoreline is always 1-0 or 2-0 the most with my team always on the verge of getting a draw or even losing the game, even a home game. My players can only get ratings of 7 and sometimes 8 and rarely get 9 and 10.

Do you have any idea what the problem is and how could I resolve it?

Is there anything to do with the COACHES? or the TACTICS? or it's problem when a new game is loaded at the beginning?

The thing is in the beginning of the first few games that I played with United, they scored quite a lot of goals. The scorelines were like 3-0, 4-0 in one match and players got very good ratings like 8 or even higher.

Dear Agent, you will be greatly appreciated if you can get back to me to perhaps share your experience and if you know what I am talking about the problem I am experiencing and you know how to resolve it.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regs,

Sean