The Man Utd News Forum Join here!

Monday, December 18, 2006

Man Utd V West Ham match review

Today is a day of reflection, at one point we looked like we could go 8 points clear at the top of the premiership and in the end we ended up only 2 points clear. Is a 1-0 defeat away at Premiership strugglers acceptable? To me it isn’t, we must try harder and win those types of games if we are to bring the title home.

Chelsea did what they seem to be getting very good at yesterday and that is coming from behind. Twice they were chasing the game and twice they came back to eventually win the game. United on the other hand seemed wasteful in front of goal and we only have ourselves to blame.

Perhaps I am being too harsh on the team, perhaps the odd slip-up is acceptable, I just feel so passionate about this group of lads, I truly believe that they can win everything in their path. I have such high standards for Manchester United that any defeat hurts so much, especially when the opposition pull off results like Chelsea did yesterday.

Anyhow let’s not dwell on the past. There is still half a season to play and plenty of time to extend our lead at the top. I was speaking to a couple of Arsenal and Chelsea fans yesterday and they truly believe that United have peaked. I was curious about this statement and had to agree.

But what I think they meant is that United have peaked and now they will decline. What a foolish way to think! United don’t decline…ever! At the start of the season critics thought we were way off challenging for the league, look now! Everyone is saying it’s a 2 horse race between United and Chelsea. If people think we will just drop off, they are sorely mistaken. With a couple of additions in January we will be stronger than ever. We will have more cover and more firepower.

During my discussion with this Arsenal and Chelsea fan (well they spent most of the time arguing amongst themselves) the conversation got onto whether history or current performance was more important. I mused for a while and decided, we have both. We are so fortunate to support a team such as Manchester United. We have the greatest history and are always there or thereabouts in most competitions. I love Manchester United and will always love them, come on lads bring the League home!

P.S here are some rubbish highlights of yesterdays game

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think our title ambition is on the verge of collaspe. We are just not good enough and Chelsea are far too strong and consistent.

Unknown said...

oh dear, last night was sooo ergh, it hurt my eyes. Just the scoreboard gave me a headache, west ham united 1 -0 Man Utd....bleah...not good.
I don't know what's with upton park and good teams losing there, but i think it was totally our fault. When a team like west ham, desparately trying to get into form has a new manager and everyone's trying to impress him, theres gona be a lot of spirit and everything, and i think we just couldnt control that and come up with some pure quality like chelsea did a little before that.

well, we had our best side out there i think, everyone was playing but we still couldnt do anything, an off day for most of the players. but i think thats when man utd are so vulnerable when compared to chelsea, chelsea with all their money have all this depth, somehting united doesnt have...thats my worst fear right now...the lack of depth.
Ferguson can't really bring in really good impact players and an injury or two will really hurt united...

it's a big problem and htats why united needs some signings soon..what do you guys think?

Anonymous said...

Please let's not over react - it's still too early for one result to make a big difference.
It's West Ham again last game of the season - that one may well be crucial.

Anonymous said...

Tamon bah ndasi, a cameroonian in germany

I have been a united suporter all my life,even more than the Cameroonian national team, so nothing on the face of the earth , in the waters below, or above the skies, will seprate me from the team i so much love an cherish in time to come. Amen

Boss. courage and go on, but we will need a black man in our midfield and i recommend Jean Nakoun of Lille.

Anonymous said...

hello! i have been reading your blog since 2 weeks ago and i really love it!

i hope man u wins the title this time.

ys

Anonymous said...

We shoudnt be hard on the lads just one bad game and things come crashing down. we have to regroup our self show patience and reselience,I have lot of belief in this team and we can surely win this title,cmon united
united till death

la argentina,italiana.espaniola,portugesa said...

ssssss k onda e les escribo d mexico y ps siempre veo los parti2 del manchester x el sky me encanta CRISTIANO RONALDO pro al k si odio es a rooney xk para mi el vato ese esta bien jodido
bueno ia k no me van a entender

hey! I write from mexico I'm a fanatic of manchester united I always see the games and i like the blog is very interesting and I love that player that his name is CRISTIANO RONALDO I fall in love since I saw him in the world cup well I have to say goodbye because is very late here well

CONGRATS!!! TO THE MANCHESTER BECAUSE THEY ARE IN THE CHAMPIONS AND THEY ARE WINNING MANY GAMES BYE!