The Man Utd News Forum Join here!

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

As a Man Utd fan I obviously want Rooney to start against Croatia, but there are now calls for him t be dropped because of his loss of form. What do fans think? Being objective, should Rooney make way for someone like Defoe or Bent? Or is Rooney just 1 step away from being prolific again?

As I watched Rooney at the weekend it was apparent to me that Rooney’s work rate was second to none. No matter how he is playing he will always give 110%. He is a battler and wants to win more than anyone else on the pitch. It is this trait that is proving to be his downfall.

The more Rooney tries to rectify his loss of confidence, the harder he tries. The harder he tries, the more frustrated he becomes. The more frustrated he becomes the more things don’t come off for him and the cycle continues. We all know that Rooney is one goal away from finding his feet again, but when will that goal come? For United and England fans, it can’t come soon enough.

Rio Ferdinand is set to return to the setup. I think this is a good thing. It will give him 90 minutes before the game against Wigan this weekend. Looking forward to that game I hope that Heinze is back and that his injury is not too serious. I heard rumours that he was looking at 3 weeks so I am guessing he will be doubtful.

Giggs must have been out for nearly three weeks now so I believe that it is high time that the prolific Welshman returned to the scene. He brings a swagger back to the team that only experience can bring. Why is it we seemed to be so badly cursed with injuries?

On the Nani front. I found some videos on U-tube, so please let me know what you think of him.
Nani Goal
Nani Goal 2
Nani goal 3
Nani goal 4

Looks ok to me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel Rooney has lost his touch. But he is good enough to get it back. He should play a few games for the reserves. As you said, he is only 1 goal away from being back to himself again.

Thanx for the Nani videos. He certainly has pace and skill. but looks a bit skinny though. IF he is even half the player Ronnie is, i say we sign him.

Anonymous said...

Ronaldo himself has said he wants Nani to sign for United