The Man Utd News Forum Join here!

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Fergusons signings of late have been sketchy at best???

I have just read an article on the BBC website discussing the gaffers decision to let Ruud go for a rather punitive fee of £10 million, it then goes on to say that Ferguson’s signings of late have been sketchy at best. In a transfer world that comes with so much uncertainty has the illustrious Fergie really let the side down? Read the article here First of all lets look at the flops. There is Miller who has hardly had a glimpse of first team life at Man utd and could be one of the reasons that he hasn't developed in such a promising way. Fletcher. If anybody visits any of the Man Utd message boards you will know exactly what the fans think of the Scott’s highly regarded protégé. For me he really hasn't made the step up in class to compete at the highest level, despite being given countless opportunities. I would like to take this opportunity at this point to thank him for the goal against Chelsea last season, that 1 stroke class prevented Chelsea having it all their own way last season.

There are a number of players that I would put in the wait and see categories. They are by no means failures, but I think we are yet to see the best from them.

The first is Ji sung Park. I never know which way round his name should be, but you all know who I mean. For me he has moments of brilliance. He will take defenders on time and time again. He has pace and power and he tracks back. His passing and finishing are a little rusty but I would put that down to a lack of first team opportunities in the last campaign. I think that's why I put him in the wait and see section. For me he is a great prospect, we just need to see more of him before he establishes himself as a true great.

Vidic... He had a rocky start when he first began life at O.T i would put this down to a lack of professional football, I read somewhere that his season finished in like September or something (don't quote me on that). If that was the case and coupled with the fact that any player needs to adjust to the style of the premiership, he can be forgiven for having a slow start. Towards the end of the season he put in some masterful performances and so by the end of next season I hope we can move him to the great signing section.

Evra... I see Evra as more of a panic buy. I hope I am proved wrong on this one, but with Heinze out and Fergie losing confidence with Silvestre, it seemed Fergie took the approach of "we need a leftback and we need one now". He has looked uncomfortable in the Utd setup of late, however he does have pace and the ability to go past players, perhaps a loan spell would help?

Now onto my favourite bit, the great buys. I think we should start with Rio. Although he was expensive, he was worth it, he is a commanding player who provides that stability to the back 4. He had a bit of a ropey season last term, but then so did the rest of the team at times. It seems that when Rio plays well United play well. Let's take a moment to remember that last minute winner at Old Trafford against Liverpool.................................................Ah what a bitter sweet memory. This may sound controversial but i think Rio is a player who thrives on responsibility. I think you would see Rio step up if he became captain, much like he did at Leeds.

Rooney... Say no more.......ah ok I will. He's class. His vision passing creativity, tackling, volleying are all a master stroke. He is one of those players that has a true natural footballing brain. I'm sure he will have a fantastic campaign this season.

Saha. Showed just what he can do when he is injury free. Him and Rooney WILL be immense this season, mark my words. Just please stay injury free.

Heinze. An incredible buy one of the best left backs in the world in my opinion. Although he used to be a centreback I think with his pace and crossing ability he is much more suited to the wing back position.

Ronaldo. Controversial at the moment, but no one can deny his class. ok his passing needs a little work, but he showed a great amount of improvement in that area at the world cup. Oh and a quick word if your reading Ronaldo, please don't dive! It really doesn't help your cause. You can go round anyone so there is no need to fall over.

I could go on but I'm getting RSI from typing. Overall I think Fergie has done a good job with the signings . In a transfer world dominated by Chelsea will he be able to maintain hi record. I guess only time will tell.

Comments actively encouraged.

2 comments:

Agent said...

It's funny having Rooney almost the finished article at 20, he has raised the bar for many other young players. Ronaldo is not the finished article, but I think this will be a good season for him, as long as he can withstand the boo's. He needs a little more maturity about his game, by nit diving and not talking to the press.

Heinze is phenomenal and will be a true inspiration at left back.

Agent said...

d-train.... All fans are welcome, until you beat us that is lol. Only joking. I think Reyes is another player with massive potential, however Aresenal don't seem to get the best out of him, perhaps that is because he doesn't get as much first team football as he would like. I think Fabregas is your future, that kid is awesome, especially against Juventus last season. He bossed the middle of the park against 2 very experienced senior players.