The Man Utd News Forum Join here!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Real Madrid make new offer for Ruud Van Nistelrooy

Real Madrid have submitted a new improved bid for Ruud Van Nistelrooy of £10.3 million read the bbc article here

I never know what to believe with quoted bids in the press. I am sure that Real offered £12 million previously and that was rejected by Man Utd as being too low. So why on earth would they submit a new bid that was lower than the first?

I am unsure as to whether or not these bids are public bids or closed ones. I am fairly sure most of the bids are closed ones and so the press really have no way of knowing what the offer is. Anyhow Utd seem to be holding out for that all important £15 million price tag they have slapped on Ruuds head. I don’t know if he is really worth that much in all honesty. After all he is 30 years old so at best has 3 or 4 seasons left in him. However Fergie is quick to remind potential suitors that he is a 20 goals a season striker and that definitely can't be ignored!!

Whatever happens with Ruud one thing is for sure, he will score goals and lots of them, for whoever he plays for. There is a part of me that wants him to stay as he has been a phenomenal servant to the club, but another part of me that thinks now is his time to Part Company whilst we can still gain a reasonable transfer fee for him. I can just sense a few of my friends cursing me for saying that. Many of them argue with me that football should not be treated as a business and if a player is good enough to stay, then he should stay. Money should not be an issue!!!
Unfortunately I am a realist when it comes to these things and base my outlook on the fact that football, like or not is a multi £billion industry and Man Utd is at the forefront of that!

No comments: