The Man Utd News Forum Join here!

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Sunday, what the papers say

I might make this a regular feature here if it's what you guys want. Today as you could imagine all the papers are talking of Ruud's taunts at Man utd and Fergie in particular. It's quite amusing because it shows me just how much the press can twist things to make a story out of anything. So I reckon I'll read these stories and then give a fan's take on what they are reporting

On the BBC website a story was published last night talking of Ruuds breakdown with manager Alex Ferguson. We knew this already. He spoke of it being painful not saying goodbye to Alex and told of how the fans and club had been incredible to him.

We then read in the tabloids of how it's Ruud's "united taunt" how he has slammed Fergie and all United fans and blah blah blah. Ruud is inevitably going to rave about his new club. I could hardly envisage him saying. "Well united didn't want me, and so I moved from the biggest and greatest club in the world to the second biggest club in the world that plays second fiddle to Barcelona. If United had wanted to keep me I would have stayed", that's just bad PR.

All United fans with an ounce of brain cells know Ruud loved the club and especially the fans. We took him to our hearts and this was demonstrated with the Ruud chants yesterday at our friendly game with Preston. Ruud thank you for a great service and 150 wonderful goals you will be missed.

The stories
The mirror
The sun
The times
The telegraph

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a shame Utd couldn't hang on to Ruud for another season or two. It's unlikely they'll have such a prolific goal scorer again.

Agent said...

I agree, but I did think Rooney and Saha really complimented each other during the run in last season. I hope they can rekindle that partnership this term.