The Man Utd News Forum Join here!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

When will Carrick sign?

With news today that Micheal Carrick has refused an improved contract offer From Tottenham, surely it is only a matter of time before he pulls on the red shirt!!
Read the full story here

personally I think £17 million is far too much for a player that tottenham payed little over £2million for 2 seasons ago. That said however his passing, vision and distribution are excellent and I could see him fitting in very well at UTD, bringing back the days of the phenominal counter attacking play we were made famous for during the 1990's. With the Ruud situation still very much in the air, I assume we will have to wait and see whether he stays or goes before we look at other signings.

Torres has announced at a press conference that he intends to stay at athelico for at least another season. I dont particlarly see this as a problem as we have enough fire power up front to rival any team in the world. A lot of fans don't see Saha as a replacement to RVN but I can definately see it working. I think instead on relying on one player for goals we will now alter our focus to the team providing goals. This in itself is advantageous as we are not dependent on Ruud being fit for results, something we have had to do over the past 2 seasons. Saha is much more of a team player, he is a better passer of the ball and that is why he was chosen as Rooneys partner towards the tail end of last season.

I will post more info as I get it so watch this space!!

No comments: