The Man Utd News Forum Join here!

Monday, August 28, 2006

3 wins out of 3 and we are looking good

Happy bank holiday Monday to everyone. This weekend I have been away and so not able to post, but it's good to see that we bagged another 3 points giving us 9 points out of a possible 9. I didn't see the game on Sunday and only managed to see the goals last night.

From what I have heard it was our most difficult encounter yet, we never really got our passing game going and we were fortunate to come away with the win. Ryan Giggs was yet again man of the moment with a superbly taken goal, capitalising on a sloppy Watford defence.

In the latest transfer news, it emerged that United are interested in West Ham’s Reo-Coker. Someone stated on this blog weeks ago that we should go for him and it appears that Fergie is reading your thoughts lol.

The Times leads with the story that United are still confident of signing Hargreaves for £17 million, although if a deal were to be done then it would need to be done quickly.

Who do you think we need to bring in if Hargreaves is not a possibility? Bearing in mind that a deal would need to be done quickly? Answers on a postcard?

Oh could someone let me know how Carrick played in his first premiership start for us?
Thanks

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at this point, we're really out of options, aren't we? At the beginning of the summer, there was Diarra, Gattuso, Zokora, Makoun, Senna. Now it's Hargreaves or probably nothing. Don't get me wrong, I really hope Hargreaves comes. I think he'll take us to the next level. What I don't understand is why are we scrambling to do business at the end of the summer? The midfield has needed stregthening for three seasons now and yet, here we are again, doing business at the last minute. Baffling.

As for Reo-Coker, by all means, if the price is right, bring him in. Excellent young player. Not sure he's ready for the big stage yet, but I'm very confident he will be. Most definitely. I wish we invested in young British talent like him more often.

Agent said...

Someone posted earlier on the issue that AIG only wants us to spend on British players, could this have something to do with the Rio-Coker transfer speculation? I think it was Senna who mentioned it.

Anonymous said...

I think that's a load of rubbish, don't you? I can't imagine Sir letting a sponsor dictate his personnel decisions. Seems insane. Maybe, maybe, maybe that's something that was said to Senna after we'd left him dangling.

Reo-Coker is one for the future and I, for one, would love it if he came. We need to snap up more good young English talent early. Rather than pay over the odds down the road. Look at Tottenham. Carrick. Robinson. Lennon. Dawson. All snapped up for less than the price of Carrick today. I think we need to take a good long look at how we're evaluating talent. Something's not right.

Carrick played okay. Nothing spectacular. I think he'll really shine in Europe.