The Man Utd News Forum Join here!

Monday, August 21, 2006

Call for Hansen to step down

Alan Hansen has yet again demonstrated that he is incapable of providing unbiased synopses in the world of football. His overwhelming support for Liverpool football club (a place where he spent his most successful years) seriously undermine his analytical credentials. This is typified in his first analysis of the new premiership season. Read it here.
Notice how he states that Liverpool had a difficult task away to a newly promoted site, whilst Manchester United and Chelsea had easy games at home to "mid table" sides. The logic simply does not ring true. Surely a newly promoted team is easier to play against than a mid table side? That's why newly promoted teams are most likely to go down in their first season.

To make matters worse he goes on to state that Fulham were simply awful. Okay yes they were bad, but no mention of Manchester United playing well, no mention of the superb play between Rooney and Ronaldo. No mention of Chelsea playing well.

Liverpool as title challengers should expect to win away against Sheffield United and anything less is a poor result, Liverpool fans themselves will tell you that.

The BBC is funded by license payers. The vast majority of people in this country are license payers. If we are not happy with the service we are receiving we should let the BBC know about it. I therefore would like to make this statement. I am unhappy with the level of punditry that Alan Hanson provides. He does not present objective points of view and this is unfair on the majority of football fans who watch the BBC. I therefore request that he be relieved of his post at the BBC. If you agree please sign in the comments box.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agree , I'll fucking say I do. Well done, you've hit it right on the head. Lets get this campaign moving even if we only get a few signatures.

Anonymous said...

Well I'm waiting for "Rooney, Ronaldo? You'll never win anything with kids." Haha, why not let him stay and pander to the deluded dippers.

Anonymous said...

I just read it. I totally agree.

Anonymous said...

I think Hansen has a point in the hunger that newly promoted sides could demonstrate - the players are eager to impress potential big-name suitors etc etc. I do however whole-heartedly agree that he was out of order not to mention how well our boys played.

Agent said...

Hi Steven, welcome and thanks for your comments. I think yesterday I was particularly riled by Hansen. The problem I have with him is that he is consistently biased towards Liverpool and he is so anti United it's untrue. His article was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. I don't remember him ever saying that we played well. He always points out how poor th opposition are, and yeaterday was another case in point. "you'll never win anything with kids" hahahahahaha

Agent said...

Hi Kay, Hansen is always slightly off cue with his comments. When or should I say if Liverpool win 5-1 against another team I will bet my bottom dollar that he will say "Liverpool were simply class"whereas for us "the opposition were particularly poor". I'm sorry i just don't rate him as a pundit. I do like Shearer however, he loves cracking the jokes and he had a go at Hansen on MOTD this weekend... Go on my son.

mr mediocre said...

hansen lawrenson shearer ian wright all fucking wankdogs, but do you really care?

Does anyone outside the BBC actually listen to the fucker.

They have so little clout in comparison to sky etc as to be an irrelevance.Anyway why is Jimmy Hill still on the TV? for us to shout obscenities at!!

As Ronaldo is to the rest of England, so the likes of Fowler and Hansen should be to us. ie a Pantomime Villain. Although he does get paid far too much.....