The Man Utd News Forum Join here!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Rossi moves to Newcastle!

Morning all. So it’s the last day of the transfer window and we can officially announce that Manchester United have successfully transferred a player. Unfortunately it’s in the wrong direction. Rossi has joined Newcastle on loan until Christmas. I have mixed feelings about this. I have been waiting patiently for Rossi’s introduction into the first team. There is no doubt that the little Italian has bags of potential, I just can’t wait to see him fulfil it at Utd.

On the one hand it leaves us looking weaker up front, we now only have Saha, Rooney, Solskjaer and Smith for fire power. Actually that doesn’t sound too bad, but we must avoid injuries at all costs. If two of our strikers get injured then we could be in serious trouble. I wonder if the loan deal allows us to recall Rossi at any time? I hope so.

On the other hand it will provide an opportunity to gain some valuable first team experience. This can only be seen as a good thing, for any player that has lots of potential and wants to progress in his football career dearly needs first team appearances. Newcastle are a good team with some really good players, hopefully he can cement a regular place and more importantly grab loads of goals.

Whilst we are talking about loan deals I thought I might gain an insight about what everyone else thinks about them. Do you think that loan deals are a good thing? Or do they disrupt players development with the change in training regimes and team spirit? Are loan deals until Christmas a good idea, or do players need longer to imbed into the team and find their flow?

It looks like we won’t be bringing in any new players this summer. For those people who posted yesterday telling me and a few others to stop dreaming… I’m slowly coming back to reality, but not for another 24 hours hahaha. Just imagine an attacking proposition consisting of Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez and Saha. With a midfield of Carrick and Mascherano? With a bit of Hargreaves thrown in for good measure? Oh if only! I was talking with a friend last night and I think that would be the most attractive attacking team in the world. I’d say it just about beats Barcelona’s line-up.

So I will drop the speculation talk now and the dreaming as I think a few of you are getting bored of all the idle dreaming. I’ll just save it all up for January… If we don’t sign anyone now we will have loads of cash to spend then anyway!

So what I would like to know this morning is… What do you think of loan deals? Will Rossi be better for the experience? Was this a shrewd move by Fergie?
And last but not least, are we going to cope without any new signings?

No comments: