The Man Utd News Forum Join here!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A lowdown on potential midfield signings by Ro

I would just like to thank Ro for writing this comment. It's a great analysis of the potential midfielders that we could sign by someone who follows La liga, so will have a better overview than me. Thanks Ro (I hope you don't mind me calling you that?)

Ro wrote...

Well, we know Vieira's signed for Inter. He would've been great on the pitch, no doubt, yet a little awkward for us fans.
A little more info on Diarra: he and Essien were the heart of that Lyon side that made things so difficult for us in the CL. To be honest, we missed out on Essien, he's done great things for Chelsea and Ghana. Diarra is younger then Senna. We follow La Liga here like crazy, so I've seen Senna play. He's class, but past his prime, and used to a much slower league. La Liga is full of veterans now, a la Cannavaro, Thuram. Whenever I speak ill of a potential new signing, I always want to be proven wrong!
Diarra is quick, good on the ball and off it, and tireless. Just what we need; if only he had more Premiership experience. But did Essien? Does Zokora? (I believe he will also make a major impact)
Well, Real Mardid and AC Milan have made public their interest in Diarra. They are also top clubs, who BOTH offer CL football, trophies, cash, and the chance to play with top quality players. We cannot afford to keep missing out on quality signings (Ronaldinho, Ballack, Essien, etc); I would hate to see Diarra and/or Fernando Torres on that list, but the latter is another story. I'll try to keep my comments shorter next time, but it's great to wrie these things down. Thanks.

No comments: